Upgrade your home theater system and enjoy exceptional surround sound with the MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics. Along with a pair of 4.5-inch polypropylene cone woofers, the MCenter features a 2.5-inch Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver for consistent sound across a wide audio range. The speaker is short enough to fit easily on shelves and walls, and its ports have been put on the front to limit proximity effect when placed in cabinets or near walls.
- Short cabinet allows for easier placement on shelves and walls.
- Experience optimal surround sound with the 2.5-inch BMR driver and two 4.5-inch cone woofers.
Lo-Q Construction to Limit Vibrations
- The MCenter has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the MCenter to create a larger, more vivid soundstage.
MCenter Channel Loudspeaker At a Glance:
- 2.5-inch BMR driver for optimal sound across a broad range
- Two 4.5-inch cone woofers for dynamic bass
- Lo-Q construction reduces vibrations and eliminates unwanted resonances
- Short cabinet for easier placement on shelves and walls
- Ports on front
- The Lo-Q construction reduces vibrations and eliminates unwanted resonances.
- Five-year limited warranty
Balanced Mode Radiator Driver for Optimal Surround Sound
- The MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker features Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver technology, designed to improve dialog and surround effects across a broad listening range. The 2.5-inch BMR driver uses a flat panel diaphragm that operates in two modes simultaneously. To reproduce lower frequencies, the diaphragm moves in and out like a piston--similar to how a traditional driver works. To reproduce higher frequencies, the diaphragm bends.
- These two modes of operation significantly extend the usable range of the driver, resulting in enhanced high frequency dispersion for more consistent surround sound. A low crossover point delivers clear sound reproduction in midrange frequencies where the human ear is most sensitive. The speaker also contains two 4.5-inch polypropylene cone woofers for dynamic bass.
Short Cabinet for Easy Placement
- Because it uses a BMR driver, the MCenter is shorter than typical speakers with a stacked tweeter and midrange. As a result, it can more easily fit on a shelf under a display or hang on a wall.
Product and Warranty Information
- This product measures 6.12 by 21.62 by 7.06 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 15.9 pounds. It is recommended for use with a 50- to 200-watt amplifier.
- The MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker is backed by a five-year limited warranty, subject to the full warranty terms and conditions.
What's in the Box
MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker, rubber standoffs, and owner's manual.